[sane-devel] To owners of CanoScan 5600F: please volunteer for testing

Catalin David catalindavid2003 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:24:20 UTC 2010

Hi there!

I can and would like to test. I don't understand which are the driver
options and how I can turn them off and therefore will need some
attention with that. Also, should the scanner be connected to the
computer when starting the snoop or should I connect it then and  also
catch the initial communication between the laptop and scanner. I can
get the snoop for Win XP and Win Vista (a friend's laptop), if needed.

Awaiting further instructions.

Catalin

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
<aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear frustrated and long-suffering owners of CanoScan 5600F,
>
> I have had good fortune in the beginnings of support for the 8800F
> using the pixma backend code (thanks to Allan, Nicolas and Milan for
> the help, information and ongoing advice), and would like to know if
> anyone is able and willing to perform some UsbSnoops under Windows on
> the 5600F, and send these to me so that I can determine if the
> protocol is sufficiently close to that of the 8800F to enable both of
> them to be supported by the same driver code (or small variation
> thereon).
>
> What I would like is the log of a small color scan at 75dpi (small as
> in the smallest your scanner driver allows, often 1 inch by 1 inch),
> with all driver options turned OFF. If you would like to know how to
> do a UsbSnoop scan, I am happy to give you instructions and links to
> which software is required.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Gernot Hassenpflug

Catalin David