[sane-devel] need feedback (Lexmark X74)

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:05:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Torsten Houwaart <ToHo at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was working on cleaning up the code a little bit and I realized there are a lot of flaws with the instructions I send to the X74.
>
> 1. I can scan at 600 dpi colour, but I have to change one parameter which screws up the scans at the other resolutions, so I guess I have to turn off the possibility. -> see also 4.

Probably some type of multi-row sensor enable command. You could
certainly send this command only in the case of 600dpi.

> 2. If the scanhead gets stuck at the end of the scan it will move back with the next scan attempt but only if I start a new scan twice.
> 3. It works only for whole page scans, if I use -x and -y flags i often get wrong data.

The machine might have some limited granularity to the -x and -y
values, like rows must end on 64 byte boundary, or 32 pixel boundary,
or any number of weird problems :)

> 4. I noticed that I can choose pretty much any resolution in Xsane and that of course results in the scanner not working and Xsane locking up. How can put constraints to that?

See the sane standard regarding option constraints. You probably
currently have a RANGE constraint, but you have other choices.

> I won't have much time in the next couple of weeks to work on the code. Tomorrow is the last "free" day where I can do something. Should I send what I have now?

Do you have some webspace you can put it up on? If not, compress it
and send to the list.

allan

PS- Please join the list so I don't have to keep approving your posts.