[sane-devel] Hello - new scanner Canon canoscan n1240U doesn't work

Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Mon Sep 27 18:44:36 UTC 2010

Hi David,
you have to make your user member of the group "scanner". If you cannot figure
out how to do this through the configuration tools of  archlinux (I am not
famliar with archlinux, so I cannot help) please edit (as root) /etc/group:

There should be an entry looking like this:

scanner:x:66:

the "66" can be any number, however, given your regular user's name is david,
please change this to

scanner:x:66:david

if you have other users working on this machine, please change into

scanner:x:66:david,wilma,fred,mary

and so on and so forth.

Hope this helps.
Take care

Dieter

Am Montag, 27. September 2010, 10:36:55 schrieb david.kremer.dk at gmail.com:
> > Hi, that certainly is strange since I used the N1240U for several

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)