[sane-devel] [hp5590] PATCH: enhance allowed ADF image height

Manuel mixkeysweis18 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 16:58:22 UTC 2011

Hi Ilia, and Juanito i did the following tests today

For the test I draw rules on the pages for reference.

Before apply the patch:

Hardware Specs:
Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04 32bits
Scanner: HP5590

Software:
Sane version --- >  1.0.14-9 (From the repos)
sane-backends --- > 1.0.20 (From the repos)
Frontends: scanimage, xsane, simple-scan, gscan2pdf.

Pages Tested:
Size: 215mm x 297mm --> All OK, no errors
Size: 215mm x 304mm --> error the page exceed the
 height Y limit
Size: 215mm x 356mm --> error the page exceed the height Y limit
Size: 215mm x 381mm --> error the page exceed the height Y limit

After apply the patch:

Hardware Specs:
Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04 32bits
Scanner: HP5590

Software:
Sane version --- >  1.0.14-9 (From the repos)
scanimage (sane-backends) --- > 1.0.22 (From the source, and patched)
Note: I had to uninstall the old sane-backend to avoid versions conflicts the other method not work for me, something miss
Frontend: scanimage

Pages Tested:
Size: Letter (215mm x 297mm --> All OK, no errors
Size: LetterS (215mm x 304mm) --> All OK, no errors
Size: Legal (215mm x 356mm) --> All OK, no errors
Size: 8.5X15 in (215mm x
 381mm) --> Output image height is ok up to (14.25 in), the rest in blank and results paper jam.
I guess pages sizes greater than Legal  will give the same result

However for me, it works and it's all I needed Ilia, so really really thanks for you support
Any help that you need to try something ..just let me know..

Best regards

Manuel, Panama

--- On Fri, 25/2/11, Ilia Sotnikov