[sane-devel] Canoscan 9000F (pixma) don't scan with the desired resolution

DemoFreak demofreak at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 14:17:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

as I described on sane bugzilla
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=313611&group_id=30186&atid=410366
already, I'm having problems with my shiny new secondhand scanner ;)

I'm using simple-scan heavily to archive multi-page documents, and regardless
what resolution I'm configuring the scanner always scans with 600dpi, what is
way too heavy for archiving letters from tax office ;)

When I try to scan with xsane all seems to be perfect, the resulting images
are of the expected sizes/resolutions. But scanimage from sane-backends
package ignores my resolution wishes, too.

So, either I'm doing sth. wrong here, or the --resolution parameter of
scanimage don't work in combination with sane-pixma from git (as simple-scan
seems using scanimage internally).

How can I narrow down the problem?

Thanks for reading,

/Hannes