[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX890

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Wed Oct 3 21:31:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 12:55 +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

> 3) the network backend part probably requires more work, and further
> debug. I'm not familiar with it though.

I can take that as I wrote it. But lets first see if you  can get it
working over USB. My experience so far is that most if not all issues
with the network part are the result of more high level issues that also
show up over USB. The BJNP protocol is just USB over IP (partly UDP and
partly TCP). The scanner does in many cases not react over IP anymore
when the USB protocol is not exactly what it wants.
Please see the man page for the debug settings and get me a logfile so
we can check what is happening.

Kind regards, Louis