[sane-devel] Reflecta ProScan / Crystalscan 7200 PIE film scanner update

Klaus Kaempf kkaempf at suse.de
Thu Sep 13 12:38:11 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

* Michael Rickmann <mrickma at gwdg.de> [Sep 12. 2012 07:45]:
> Hi Jan, hi Klaus,
>
> last weekend came back from vacation without internet and there will
> be a similar period starting next week.

its great to have you back, but I'm jealous now.  ;-)

> Am 10.09.2012 21:01, schrieb Vleeshouwers, J.M.:
> >Hi Michael,
> >
> >I tested your modified Pie backend this weekend. I had to change one line to get it working. My scanner takes about 10 seconds to get ready after it decides to collect shading data after all. So in pie_usb_calibrate() I changed line 3307 to:
> >status = pie_usb_wait_scanner (scanner, 30);
> >(30 to be very safe) I also changed the polling frequency of pie_usb_wait_scanner() from 16 times per second to just 1 time per second. The windows driver only polls every 1.5 second. I did not check if this was essential, though.
>
> I am glad it worked for you.

Looks like the Powerslide/DigitDia slide scanner is a bit different.
I couldn't get it to work, scanimage complains about "device busy" -
even after extending the wait period in pie_usb_wait_scanner().

Cranking up the debug level revealed a 'read' request issued without
the scanner indicating availabilty of data. The the scanner hung and I
had to power-cycle it.

Klaus
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany