[sane-devel] HP Scanjet G4010 - bad image quality

idle idle at kai.cz
Sun Aug 11 16:38:08 UTC 2013

Hello,

thank you for your replies.

This model is listed as 'basic' in sane-backends 1.0.22. Try upgrading
>> to at least 1.0.23, or a recent git snapshot.
>>
>> allan

I'm trying now with the git snapshot:
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24git; backend version 1.0.24

Unfortunately, the result is the same.

>     Hello,
>
>     if updated version doesn't improve the scan quality. You may also test
> if it is related to improper warming up by doing several scans. Clearing
> calibration (with the 'clear calibration' option)cache between each scan,
> so a calibration happens each time.
>
> Regards,
>     Stef

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried a series of 10 scans, clearing the
calibration after each one, and the result is interesting. The first scan
of the series is visibly lighter than the rest (although still too gray),
the second and third are each slightly darker than the previous one. All
the following scans are the same as the third. So there is something going
on. The stripes are still there, though.

Here are the first three scans:
http://i.nahraj.to/f/s5o.jpg
http://i.nahraj.to/f/s5p.jpg
http://i.nahraj.to/f/s5q.jpg