[sane-devel] libsane-problem?

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 15 21:48:40 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 07:19 PM, Betreuungsbüro Jenetzky wrote:
> I am running an office with heavy paperwork on Linux Mint 13 and
> encounter a problem with my two scanners.
>
> Since gscan2pdf does not work properly (the Epson is not recognized
> correctly) I have discussed this with Jeffrey Ratcliffe.
>
> Astonishing is the fact that both scanners (the other is a Brother) run
> perfectly with Xsane.

This is rather weird, but I'd give it a try with compiling gscan2pdf
from source. I always have some reservations when it comes to Linux
Mint as they are mixing different Debian repositories in their
distribution which is rather problematic in my opinion.

You can just install the build dependencies with

	apt-get build-dep gscan2pdf

then download the source for gscan2pdf and compile it yourself.

Cheers,

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz