[sane-devel] HP5400 XPA support patch

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:03:02 UTC 2013

On March 11, 2013 10:12:37 Paul Menzel wrote:
> Like this seems to be from 2010? Was this backend always developed
> outside of SANE upstream and merged every now and then?
>
> > It works for me.  I don't know why the original never made it out of
> > the HP5400 repo.
>
> Do you know if it was ever submitted for review? Does Martin agree with
> getting this into SANE upstream repository?

I don't actually know any of the history regarding the patch or the HP5400
repo.  I just discoverred it when digging around about XPA and the HP5400 as I
had some negatives I wanted to scan in.

I also don't actually know who Martin is or how to get ahold of him.  All I
know is that the relevant commit log in the CVS repo said

*Applied patch from Martin to get XPA work. ( This is still beta code and
should be more tested )
*Beautified a litle manually

I'm actually wondering if it was suppose to be Martijn, as he seems to show up
at various points on the sourceforge mailing list.  I'll CC him and Thomas
Sourmarmon to see if they can provide more details.

Thanks!  -Tyson

PS:  Thomas and Martijn, this is regarding the XPA patch in the hp5400
sourceforge repo.  I dusted it off to use and then re-submitted it

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2013-March/031020.html