[sane-devel] MX860 duplex; even pages are upside down.

Jason H. Fuller jason.fuller at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 18:33:02 UTC 2014

Hi,
Since my last scanner (Brother MFC-420CN) was never fully supported by SANE
and seems to no longer function with current linux distros, I decided to
use the SANE supported list to inform my next scanner purchase and settled
on the Canon MX860.

At first I got a no scanner detected error from xscan / simple scan, but
then scanimage -L and it found it and xscan / simple scan worked fine with
one exception:  when I choose to duplex scan, ever other page (the duplexed
page) is upside down.

Is this a bug or is there a setting in xscan or simple scan that I couldn't
find that I should set to fix this?

thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
Jason Fuller