[sane-devel] Cascading saned servers

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Jul 2 07:20:42 UTC 2014

Hi Steven,

Zitat von Steven Santos <Steven at simplycircus.com>:
> I don't know that the network scanning system is robust enough for that.
>
> You should look at just allowing all of your clients to use the sane
> server.

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the current network setup
works against a peer-to-peer communications scheme. Additionally, such
a setup would require to configure all clients, making all remote
scanners known at each client. With the intended setup, all scanners
simply point to the central saned server and would retrieve a list of
currently available servers.

It seems I'll have to look at the sources to find out if it's saned
that is not propagating its net-based scanners, versus the client-side
not taking such scanners into account.

With regards,
Jens