[sane-devel] XP-810

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Jul 8 04:23:28 UTC 2014

Cc:ing the list again as others may have the same or a similar problem
or may be able to help you out.

Scott brown writes:

> That finds it and attempts to scan but the scanner pulls the document
> through the feeder then goes into an broken state with all lights flashing
> and must be powered off. Xsane gives a failed to start scanner error during
> device I/o. iscan could not send command to scanner. Check scanner
> statues.

Can you scan successfully via a USB connection?
Can you provide (compressed) debug logs and a copy of your epkowa.conf?

  SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128 SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=HEX iscan > out.pnm 2> debug.log

will collect the SANE backend debugging info in debug.log.  If the
problem only manifests itself with network scans, a network packet
capture (of the TCP traffic on port 1865 and nothing else) might be
helpful as well.  I'd use wireshark to do the packet capture.

> On Jul 6, 2014 10:13 PM, "Olaf Meeuwissen" <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp>
> wrote:
>>
>> Scott brown writes:
>>
>> > I have image scan installed as well as all other Epson network packages,
>> > sane server is runnings and configured. I'll figure something out. Thanks
>> > for your time.
>>
>> OK, iscan + network plugin and scanner directly attached to the network.
>> You don't need the sane(d) server in this scenario.  Just follow the
>> instructions in /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf and you should be okay.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962