[sane-devel] Some weirdness with a Canon LiDE 220

Scott Alfter scott at alfter.us
Thu Dec 17 17:59:58 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 12:35 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> On Dec 16 12:45 Scott Alfter wrote (excerpt):
>> ... lsusb -t shows the following for the home system:
>>
>> [snipped]
>
> You did not tell what of those devices the scanner is.

At the time I ran it, none of them were the scanner, as I had brought it
in to work with me.  Now that it's back home, it's listed as follows:

/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/14p, 480M
[snipped]
    |__ Port 14: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 480M

In any case, upgrading the kernel from 4.1.12 to 4.3.3 seems to have
fixed most of the problems I was having.

(Just got word back from eBay this morning that the order I put in
yesterday for a USB 2.0 controller had been canceled because the vendor
was out of stock.  It's just as well at this point, as it looks like it
would've been unnecessary.)

--
Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us