[sane-devel] Cannon 9000f mark II

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Jan 22 23:24:25 UTC 2015

Zeb C. writes:

> Thanks Olaf
>
> I ran the command and my username was in the scanner group all
> along. still no devices found.

Sorry, I should have read the forum post more closely.

FYI, your scanner was first supported in sane-backends-1.0.24.  That
means you need libsane-1.0.24.  This version is available in utopic
(Ubuntu 14.10).  Seeing that you are using trusty (Ubuntu 14.04), you
have libsane-1.0.23 which does *not* support your scanner.

You have two options:
 - upgrade to utopic (Ubuntu 14.10)
 - grab only libsane-1.0.24 and libsane-common from utopic (and if you
   have it installed maybe also sane-utils and/or libsane-extras) and
   install that

Furthermore, if you haven't done so already, remove that 99-local.rules
in /etc/udev/rules.d/.  It is very broken, causes the error on boot that
you mentioned and is not needed with libsane-1.0.24.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962