[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MG5740 Multifunction Printer

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:15:50 UTC 2016

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:53:11PM +0200, Eric&Yvonne wrote:
>   I confirmed that the address 192.168.1.100 is correct for the MG5740
>   I can access the printer in both USB and WIFI mode.
>   Any advice on how I may resolve the scanner issue would be much
>   appreciated.
>   Eric

Separate drivers are usually required to interface with the printing and
scanning functions of the multifunction (MFD) device.

Best bet is to focus on accessing the scanner function using USB method
first.  Once the USB method is working, the networking method is trivial
to accomplish.  (Albeit, the networking method is going to be slower,
and increasing slower using wireless in my experience.  But if you
require such function, it's there.)