[sane-devel] Scanner Lide 210 working with old and bleeding edge distro, but not with current stable distro

Sebastian Weber s.wbr at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 14:58:27 UTC 2016

Hello!

I was a bit too fast... The problem is back again, but I'll have a
further look into this.

By "clean" installation I meant I installed Leap42 on an empty disk,
using the official NET-installer ISO, and without touching the repositories.

Meanwhile I had to add repositories to install some other software, and
now, my scanner doesn't work again.

I agree that most probably something from this software has broken my
scanner, and I'll try to find out what it was.

Therefore, I now have installed VirtualBox on my Leap42 (where the
scanner doesn't work), and have installed a Leap42 as guest system. When
I hand the USB scanner to the guest system, it works there... Weird...

I'll keep you informed!

Sebastian