[sane-devel] ScanSnap S1100 on Linux Mint

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:20:46 UTC 2017

I've tried to follow your posts at the linux mint forums, and it looks
like much of it works, but I don't know exactly what you have done. A
few things come to mind:

1. scanimage -L wont scan, by definition it just lists the available scanners.
2. run 'scanimage > test.pnm' and see if you get an image called
test.pnm in the current directory.
3. run 'SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=5 scanimage -L' and send the output text to
this list- I want to see what version of sane you are running.

allan

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Crusader <crusader222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A summary of my request is provided below.  Details of my efforts and
> support are available here.  The helpful person assisting me, pdc_2,
> suggested I join this mailing list.  This request is from a user
> perspective.
>
> I am using Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, Cinnamon Version 2.8.8. I have a
> ScanSnap S1100 scanner that I use without a problem in Windows 7 on my dual
> OS laptop. Scanning documents is one of the very few times I open Windows; I
> would like to be able to scan documents in Linux Mint so I don't have to
> deal with Windows.  I am requesting assistance in getting Linux Mint to work
> with my ScanSnap S1100. I will be happy to post details as needed.
>
> All support will be greatly appreciated!

of my hand"