[Shootout-list] Organisation for numerical tests

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 May 2005 08:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- José Bollo <jose.bollo@tele2.fr> wrote:

> > Pure functional languages don't do destructive assignment - create
> > new values instead.
> i dont understand the NO DESTRUCTIVE ASSIGNMENT requirement.

It isn't a requirement, it's a question.

Shootout already has tests dominated by array access, dominated by io,
and strongly favouring destructive assignment. Can we find suitable
problems without those characteristics?