[Shootout-list] Organisation for numerical tests

José Bollo jose.bollo@tele2.fr
Wed, 4 May 2005 18:13:52 +0200

Le mercredi 4 Mai 2005 17:33, Isaac Gouy a écrit :
> --- José Bollo <jose.bollo@tele2.fr> wrote:
> >
> > i dont understand the NO DESTRUCTIVE ASSIGNMENT requirement.
>
> It isn't a requirement, it's a question.
>
> Shootout already has tests dominated by array access, dominated by io,
> and strongly favouring destructive assignment. Can we find suitable
> problems without those characteristics?

understood

thank you

but i dont see very clearly what is the not destructive assignment

however some recursive construction like the tree of a two players game (like
othello) followed by the tree walk for evaluation seems to meet the
requirements

regards
jb