[Shootout-list] Directions of various benchmarks

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com
Wed, 18 May 2005 11:45:00 +0200

skaller wrote:
...deleted
> Note however I tend to favour more tests organised in
> categories than the current Shootout design,
> so I'd probably have an FFI 'unit' test, and a couple
> of tests of practical significance that used FFI's but

test sets are a good thing.
they can lead newcomers to the kind of tests that are most interesting
to them.
sets can also be a help with designing new tests (ie if we have both
addition and subtraction tests in the integer set, but only addition in
the floating point set, it would be easy to think of having a
subtraction for floats, too)

bengt