[Shootout-list] fannkuch

Christophe TROESTLER del-con@tiscali.be
Fri, 20 May 2005 16:51:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let's be clear

The cosmetic change I made was only to add a newline at the end (NO
code change)!  I replaced the old code with the new one (so, yes,
there is only OCaml #3) and I wrote down the running time (which was
computed from a run some time ago).  As you remarked, the new time
vastly differs...

You need not to believe me, you can see for yourself:

- diff(1.228, 2005/05/18 07:55:32     1.231, 2005/05/19 07:06:10)
  http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/shootout/website/data/data.csv.diff?cvsroot=shootout&r1=text&tr1=1.228&r2=text&tr2=1.231&f=h

- select the diff on http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/shootout/bench/fannkuch/fannkuch.ocaml-3.ocaml?cvsroot=shootout

Do you have a better explanation? (maybe something changed on the
bench machine but then all programs should be rerun).

Regards,
ChriS