[Shootout-list] fannkuch (timer resolution; HZ=1000?)

Isaac Gouy igouy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 17:31:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Harrop <jon@ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
> On Friday 20 May 2005 23:31, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > Sorry, I did misread your posting. I didn't notice that you stopped
> > saying "using only tests which ran for >0.1s or even >1s but there
> > is virtually no such data on the shootout", and started saying that
> > 50% of the tests ran for >0.1s and 20% ran for >1s. That's a lot
for
> > virtually none.
>
> Apples and bananas.

Apples and Apples.
You wrote 50%<0.1s and 83%<1s, so 50%>=0.1s and ~20%>1s

> The positions of C# and Java on my graphs will be wrong as a
> consequence of these systematic errors

Shockingly the Shootout does not exist to provide data for your newly
created graphs.

-snip-
> I think it would be good to to increase the fastest running times to
> ~1s for  the eight tests that I just listed.
>
> > Shockingly there are several things much more broken than this
> > which we need to fix.
>
> Really?

Yes, really.

If you have an idea - add a feature request.
If you've found a bug - add a bug report.

That way the folk who actually fix things don't need to waste their
time responding to each new idea as it comes to you - they fix the
things you don't even know about yet.

Use some imagination - how many hours do you think were taken away from
shootout work and spent on the mailing-list over the last 2 weeks.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html