[Shootout-list] fannkuch (timer resolution; HZ=1000?)

Jon Harrop jon@ffconsultancy.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 02:35:04 +0100

On Saturday 21 May 2005 01:31, Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > Apples and bananas.
>
> Apples and Apples.
> You wrote 50%<0.1s and 83%<1s, so 50%>=0.1s and ~20%>1s

Yes. My posts were completely self-explanatory so I'll refer you back to them
again.

> That way the folk who actually fix things don't need to waste their
> time responding to each new idea as it comes to you - they fix the
> things you don't even know about yet.

You spend a lot of time typing rude responses to people's suggestions. I'd
start by optimising those away. I think I can hear Bengt agreeing. :-)

> Use some imagination - how many hours do you think were taken away from
> shootout work and spent on the mailing-list over the last 2 weeks.

Without this discussion people might not have realised just how severe these
systematic errors are or how the problems with precomputation can be neatly
avoided. I think this has been a fruitful discussion.

Objective CAML for Scientists