[Showme-devel] Planning first experiments in installing Debian on LIME boards!

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Sep 15 06:12:01 UTC 2015

Hi Kris,

Quoting Kristoffer Rose (2015-09-13 23:49:02)
> I got my hands on LIME and LIME2 boards, and on Friday (Sept. 18th) we
> have the quarterly Two Sigma "hack day" which I'll spend trying to
> install Debian on both.
>
> If anyone has any ideas for experiments or suggestions for what I
> should prioritize...

 0) Have a UART-to-serial¹ cable: Needed for 3) below!
 1) Clone the git of our install scripts + notes:

    git clone git://git.debian.org/showme/box

 2) Install Armbian (cheating but quickest way to Debian-ish shell)
 3) Install Debian interactively (slow but supported officially)
 4) Install Debian automated (if scripts for that are ready in time)
 4) Install Debian via image (if scripts for that are ready in time)

All of above is described in more detail at
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/showme/box.git/tree/README

@Vasudev: Please clone that git and help improve :-)

 - Jonas