[Showme-devel] Planning first experiments in installing Debian on LIME boards!

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Sep 18 09:58:22 UTC 2015

Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2015-09-15 08:12:01)
> Quoting Kristoffer Rose (2015-09-13 23:49:02)
>> I got my hands on LIME and LIME2 boards, and on Friday (Sept. 18th) we
>> have the quarterly Two Sigma "hack day" which I'll spend trying to
>> install Debian on both.
>>
>> If anyone has any ideas for experiments or suggestions for what I
>> should prioritize...
>
>  0) Have a UART-to-serial¹ cable: Needed for 3) below!
>  1) Clone the git of our install scripts + notes:
>
>     git clone git://git.debian.org/showme/box
>
>  2) Install Armbian (cheating but quickest way to Debian-ish shell)
>  3) Install Debian interactively (slow but supported officially)
>  4) Install Debian automated (if scripts for that are ready in time)
>  4) Install Debian via image (if scripts for that are ready in time)
>
> All of above is described in more detail at
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/showme/box.git/tree/README

If you reach 4) (uhm, the topmost of them :-P ) then you will need
boxer-data version 10.1.0 hopefully¹ in Debian unstable in an hour, else
grab it here: https://debian.jones.dk/pkg/devel/boxer-data/sid/bastian/

 - Jonas

¹ I am in Sweden with flaky and expensive internet connection.