[Simple-cdd-devel] manual partitioning is not available

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Tue Jul 25 02:50:46 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-24, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> I'm setting up a profile that should let the user configure settings manually.
> See "manual.conf" and "manual.preceed" at
> https://github.com/ssinyagin/pcengines-apu-debian-cd/tree/manual/profiles
>
> The problem that I'm facing is that partman does not allow any custom
> partitioning:
>
> "Manual" option in the main partman menu does not do anything.
>
> Before writing the layout to disk, if I press "no", it does not offer
> any customization, and stays on the same screen.

This is because several partitioning options have been specified in the
default.preseed:

  $ grep partman profiles/default.preseed | grep -v ^'#'
  d-i partman-auto/method string regular
  d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe  select All files in one partition (recommended for new users)
  d-i partman/choose_partition  select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk

You'd need to create your own default.preseed and not include those
entries. At the very least, default.preseed needs to contain:

  d-i preseed/early_command string anna-install simple-cdd-profiles

live well,
  vagrant