[Soc-coordination] Ranking of the proposals ?

Moritz Muehlenhoff jmm at inutil.org
Wed Apr 2 19:57:00 UTC 2008

Charles Plessy wrote:

>  Mentoring organizations rank student proposals and perform any other due
>  diligence on their potential mentees; student proposals are matched with
>  a mentor;
>
> http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html
>
> Since the proposals can not be modified after the deadline, I would like
> to know what will be the criteria for Debian ?

Another project I'm following closely and which is also participating
in SoC is giving qualification tasks to students.

For some of the proposals, where we have many applications we
could propose qualification bugs in related areas of the archive
as an additional rating criterion?

E.g. applicants for netconf could be given a list of ifupdown/iproute
bugs, where they can pick a few. If they propose a proper patch or
discuss the bug in more depth, this could help rate their qualifications
better.

Cheers,
        Moritz