[Soc-coordination] Update: provisional number of slots is *still* 10

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Apr 13 23:21:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 02:00:30AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Google have already released *preliminary* estimates of slots per
>organisation for 2008. These are expected to change a little at the
>end of next week, but should be seen as a reasonable guideline. In
>that estimate list, we were given 10 (ten) projects. We should bear
>that number in mind when we sort our applications. My own first
>assessment of our applications suggested that we had roughly 15 very
>good applications that I thought would work for us, so I've asked for
>15 slots in the final allocation. Fingers crossed, we'll get a couple
>more.

This is now looking unlikely. Leslie has just posted a new list to the
mentors list this evening, and we're still listed with 10. I'm going
to try and argue our case tomorrow for more, but (in her words) "there
are only 60 slots left, and there are 175 organizations, most of whom
would likely want to mentor additional students".

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
We don't need no education.