[Soc-coordination] Request for Debian to vouch for LibreCAD for GSOC

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Fri Mar 29 13:36:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:19:34AM -0400, Scott Howard wrote:
> Hello,

Hi, Scott!

> I'm Scott, a DD, maintainer for the librecad package [1-3], and work a
> bit with upstream development. We're submitting to GSOC this year and
> would appreciate it if Debian could vouch for us. Last year Ana

Done.

> Guerrero agreed, and we appreciated it. Would it be possible to do
> again?

So, like Olly said, you've missed the deadline by about 3 weeks and you
should feel bad.

Today is literally the last day of applications, and waiting this long
isn't a cool, causes a bit of stress, and I don't think anyone had any
objection to advocating librecad except that it was super late.

> Thank you!
> Regards,
> Scott
>
> [1] www.librecad.org
> [2] http://packages.debian.org/sid/librecad
> [3] http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=librecad

librecad looks amazing, and active. Something for me too look into for
sure.