[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 8 Report: Android Tools in Debian

Komal Sukhani komaldsukhani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:05:48 UTC 2015

This week I have completed packaging of Javawriter which is dependency of
Android Gradle Plugin. Earlier we were planning of patching the upstream
source
to shift dependency from Javawriter to Javapoet. The major reason behind it
was
Javapoet, which is successor of Javawriter, is about to replace Javawriter.
But we
dropped that idea and will be moving to Javapoet after upstream switched
over it.

I have started packaging of Android SDK tools. The package will cover tools
under
platform/tools/base.git and platform/tools/swt.git repositories. I have
found two new
missing dependencies:

1. lombok-ast-0.2.3
              Lint, static code analysis tool, has dependency over it.

2. proguard-gradle:5.1
              Core library to build Android Gradle plugin has compile time
dependency
over it. This in-turn is dependent on proguard-base.