[Splashy-devel] Splashy time. when time resurrects

Luis M Luis M <lemsx1@gmail.com>
Tue, 24 May 2005 12:40:31 -0400

take into account that the C implementation is somewhat more complete
than the C++ version right now, with the minor difference that the C++
version reads vcs1 buffer (in RAM), which doesn't really add much time
to the boot process (this is done in miliseconds).

What makes the C version "slower" than C++ right now is the sleep
calls either in C or in rc init scripts. I'll be removing this in the
next few days so that you can redo your tests.

On 5/24/05, Vincenzo Ampolo <vincenzo.ampolo@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi people.
> I've anew that could be good or bad at the same time, as you know i've
> timed the splashy C code and i found that splashy c code add 4 seconds
> and more (4.278 s to be true).
> One week after i've timed the C++ code, but before i've timed my pc
> without any splashy again, here arw thw results:
> 52.20
> 50.96
> 50.33
> 51.17
> 50.52
>=20
> and the medium number is 51.036
>=20
> Then i installed the c++ code (with the 2 libs) and timed it again:
>=20
> 51.50
> 52.94
> 54.20
> 51.28
> 53.01
>=20
> and the medium number is 52.586
>=20
> Yes, it's not a joke or false results, the c++ code is only 1.55 seconds
> more than normal boot, and as all of us know, the c++ code that is in
> the alioth (the one that i used) is not performed to be fast.
>=20
> Let your mind make his decision, i sent this data without hit someone.
>=20
> nb: remember that c++ code is full implemented (it already read from
> vcs1 for errors while c code can not for now).
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
Luis M
System Administrator
Kiskeyix.org=20

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html