[Splashy-devel] splashy forked

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo@gmail.com
Mon, 30 May 2005 23:06:26 +0200

As you know, Luis, my account was messed up from when we switched to alioth
until... 2 days ago?? This is why I have not touched the sources.

The problem that we are discussing is not "something broken" nothing is
broken. but both of us think in a different way to solve the same problem.

4 seconds are enought to me. If you remember we switched to C for dependencies
(this is not a big deal) and mainly for time. But as you know c++ version is
4 seconds faster than c one. And yes I think that a "wild" relases lose the
credibilithy of these programs.

As you noted, changing the name to the C program is a huge thing. this is why
i wanna change the name of the c++ code. I wanna not use alioth svn or pages,
i'm tired of it (one month without my account is too much for my patient) and
as you know, splashy is already on debian experimental.
So it's better that i'll change the name of the c++ code and set some rules to
don't fork this project another time.

Mine is not sensitiveness but is just that i don't know how c program works
(but i know the ideas above it) so i can't be the admin of this project.

Luis you seem the good developer to be the admin of this project, sinc you
know very well how it works.

Tomorrow i'll start editing a new page on nanofreesoft.org and you will know
the name of the program written in c++ (i'll think on it this night).

Sure, news will be reported on the wiki page (i'll use my svn server) so the c
code can implement it or do whatever it want.
btw i must apply a line to the topic of the #splashy channel and to the wiki
page saying that the project is forked.