[Splashy-devel] splashy initramfs support

Pat Suwalski pats at xandros.com
Mon Feb 27 17:53:53 UTC 2006

Luis M wrote:
> Did you do that using the same method I used? Take a look at the
> "initramfs" directory in the trunk.

Turns out we're not putting it in our initrd. We're just showing a
static image until splashy loads when the root filesystem is loaded.
It's only for about two seconds anyway.

We create the device nodes pretty much the same way, but the rest is
initramfs-dependent.

There doesn't seem to be a good way to do this with initrd.

You also seem to parse the command-line for "vga=", which is not
correct. One of our internal patches is to make splashy not complain
about that. When using LILO, you can never have "vga=" in the
commandline. It is not possible.

--Pat