[Splashy-devel] uswsusp with splashy support!

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Mon Sep 11 09:30:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:11:33 -0300
Otavio Salvador <otavio at debian.org> wrote:

> Tim Dijkstra <newsuser at famdijkstra.org> writes:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I made uswsusp use splashy for its splash screen. For this I had to
> > rework splashy a bit (the result is in branches/0.3). It has the
> > following changes:
> > - Build libsplashy (s2disk can be the only process during suspend)
> > - Added splashy_get_string & splashy_get_password
> > 	(Also as commands for splashy_update, maybe we can persuade
> > 	the crypto maitainer to use that for its init script)
>
> Man, you rocks!
>
> About releasing now. Do you think it's release quality? Are you
> intending to have it all done for Etch or just Etch+1?

I still have to send the uswsusp upstream for review, but I think that
part doesn't have poblems at all. After that I'll try to push for a
release of uswsusp.

About the splashy part; The majority of the work was moving
functions/files around. So I think splashy 0.3 is as stable as splashy
0.19. The part that could potentially could cause the introduction of
bugs is the socket interface, but that is for a big part already in
0.1.9. I think I'll have to backport some changes related to sockets
from 0.3 to 0.1.9 (/me makes mental note)

If you ask me we can release the 0.3 branch as stable, but it is
probably better to get what we have in trunk out first.

grts Tim