[Splashy-devel] gdm/kdm/xdm and splashy

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:41:29 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Tim Dijkstra <newsuser at famdijkstra.org> wrote:

> >     echo ${0} | egrep -q '((gdm$)|(kdm$)|(xdm$))' && PER=100
> People where having problems, because if we trigger on log_end_msg we
> stop splashy while gdm (and X) is already starting up. This means we're
> having a race between X starting splashy stopping.
> The solution was stopping splashy when log_daemon_msg() is called, that
> means at the start of the gdm script. This made the line above obsolete.
>
> But I know remember I should have filed bugs against xdm and kdm to add
> a log_daemon_msg()

Ok, that makes sense. But when I tested on Ubuntu Gutsy, Splashy didn't
allow gdm to start X. If I uncomment the line, then everything works fine.

> If I uncomment it, things
> > work fine (When the log_end_msg() function is called and gdm/kdm/xdm is
> the
> > script calling it, the progress goes to 100% and Splashy exits;
> > which is what we are looking for)
>
> Also from initramfs?

Yep. From initramfs as well.

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------