[Splashy-users] Re: just a sad blank screen

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 08:54:47 UTC 2006

Does this need a user/password to connect?

In any case, there are a few things we can try. First, you are not
running Splashy from initramfs, right? (cat /etc/default/splashy |
grep -i initramfs)
Then, you can try to turn off the fadein/fadeout effects in your theme
(edit /etc/splashy/themes/default/theme.xml)
And finally, what display manager are you using? KDM, GDM, XDM? You
might need to send "splashy_update exit" right before your display
manager starts.