[Splashy-users] doubts about splashy

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:12:04 UTC 2006

Hello Ken,

You got the splashy 0.1.6 packages or you compiled them yourself?

Were you using splashy previously and just recently upgraded?

If you run splashy from the command line at any time, what does it do:

/sbin/splashy test

Splashy is meant to run as any regular application. No need to patch
the kernel. All  you need is ot pass vga=0x317 to your kernel (see
README).

Your setup seems to be fine because you are getting splashy at boot.
I'd suggest you read from the wiki about how to fix splashy in general
and apply that:

http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki

Cheers,