[Splashy-users] Using swf, mpg?

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 16:52:58 UTC 2008

I'm sure that I answered this on the IRC channel but for the record...

On Jan 17, 2008 9:06 PM, Sean McCarthy <thealien at dangerzone.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been using splashy for some months now.  I created my own theme
> and I'm quite happy with splashy.  However, I read in the README that
> splashy supports animations, that it supports the mpg and swf formats.
> I can't seem to find anything in the documentation that explains how to
> do this.  Can someone please help me out and give me a little direction
> on where to find this out?

Splashy supports whatever directfb supports. Granted that the Splashy code
was written with images in mind. It should be fairly straight forward to
substitute images with mpg's in a theme. Though I'm sure that some C code
would need to be modified to initialize directfb for video instead of
images.

The short answer to this question is then that Splashy has not been tested
to work with SWF and other animation formats. However, it should work in
theory.

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------