[Splashy-users] [splashy] Summary of observations

Niko Cavallini Araya niko.cava at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:01:02 UTC 2008

Hi I had some problems with splashy on sid as commented on irc alias dwsd,
so this is an attempt to clear the ideas and summarise the problems
observed.

My system: Debian sid updated i386, using "splash vga=791 quiet" as boot
parameters, libdirectfb 1.0.1-6 and gdm as login manager.

Adding "pidof splashy > /dev/null && exit 0" to /etc/init.d/keymap.sh

      splashy works but console keymap appears to be US, not Spanish as
configured.
      locale=es.CR

Not touching keymap.sh
  Theme debian-more-blue:
        at about 10% progress splashy stalls
            pressing F2 in search for more output crashes splashy with:
                caught signal 11 (at (nil) invalid address
                splashy caught signal 6 Exiting
            pressing spacebar instead of F2 resumes progress boot successful

  Theme default:
        at about 10% progress splashy stalls
           pressing F2 in search for more output displays verbose mode and
resumes progress but freezes again at loading gdm
           pressing spacebar resumes progress but stalls near the end
(probably loading gdm).
           the second freeze requires hard reboot.

I can retest anything that might be useful. This is not a proper bug report
but a initial way of separating the issues.

--
Saludos
       Niko