[Teammetrics-discuss] The encodings issue

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Jun 26 21:35:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 01:50:28AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> encodings. And to my delight, 6 out of the 9 are spam -- such names/
> subjects throw up an encoding error _before_ even reaching the spam
> filter code which is good news for us. Out of the nine errors, there
> are three that should not have thrown up an error but I think we can
> safely ignore them.

While these few postings do not matter for our research it is not good
if we claim a posting SPAM for the spam fighting listmasters.  So it
would be great to handle even this.  But I admit that this should be
just a side research and if those error producing mails are below a
certain number "ENCODINGLIMIT" (to be defined) we should ignore these
completely (except a logfile entry).  This will make sure we will not
raise a false alarm.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--