[Teammetrics-discuss] lists.debian.org solutions and problems

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:23:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

> If it is that terribly slow it might qualify as abuse.  Perhaps it might
> be reasonable to ask whether our approach would be considered as this.
> However, if it is incomplete anyway this does not make much sense...

>From the three lists I have experimented with, the archives are
incomplete. They start from March 14, 2002 and when downloading the
archives, I think the server disconnects after a certain amount of
time (bot prevention?). But I will verify more conclusively before
finalizing this. If this indeed is the case, we have to rule this out.

> Sure.  But the feedback does not really corelate to the "number" of
> mailing lists we investigated and beeing able to show Alioth mailing
> lists for a starter and let people abstract that you can also
> investigate others is cheap.

Yes, that's true -- quality is more important than quantity here but
we are going to aim for overall perfection. Why not aim when we can
;-)

> might stop you implementing other things like SVN or uploads in UDD.

SVN is trivial and UDD should cause no problems :-) The SVN parsing
part should be done by tonight, I am currently trying out different
methods to arrive at the best approach possible of doing this.

> Fine for me.  Just consider my remarks always as *hints* and feel free
> to follow your own approach if you consider this more important.

Your advice is invaluable but thank you for the freedom.

I will post more updates late at night (in about 8 - 9 hours).