[Teammetrics-discuss] MemoryError in commitstat

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Sep 11 19:51:26 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 10:05:26PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Fetching SVN statistics is somewhat resource intensive because we
> fetch each revision.
>
> MemoryError
>     Raised when an operation runs out of memory but the situation may
> still be rescued (by deleting some objects). The associated value is a
> string indicating what kind of (internal) operation ran out of memory.

I did not dived into your code but it might help to use some
intermediate file to store the information temporary that obviosely does
not fit into memory.

> Two ways I can think of fixing this, because catching a MemoryError is
> of course no good.
>
> 1. How much RAM we have on blends.d.n?

$ free
Mem:       2848988    2760668      88320          0     182764    2490052
-/+ buffers/cache:      87852    2761136
Swap:       634560       4344     630216

> 2. I can try profiling this and optimize memory usage but I will do
> that after (1).

As I said above, I'd consider using a temporary file because the memory
is not that impressive.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--