[Teammetrics-discuss] No commits of any team since last month??

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 6 08:49:18 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 06:05:09PM -0400, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> From the commitstat logs:
>
> 2012-08-02 12:24:02,906 ERROR: Please check your username
> 2012-08-02 12:24:02,907 ERROR: No authentication methods available
>
> This was the problem :)
>
> I think the problem was that because the password-less private key we
> generated is 'tied' to my username on vasks, you won't be able to run
> commitstat with your username. Next time, you should try:
> `commitstat.py -u sukhbir-guest' or I will do it myself at the start
> of every month.

Was'nt the idea of getting rid of the -u option at all by simply
hardcoding the " -u sukhbir-guest" into commitstat.py - at least as a
fallback (overriding by -u would be OK, but the default without a -u
option should be something which works out of the box).

> PS: You can now generate the graphs now, it just finished running for August.

Done.  However, there is some slight feeling that the changes are a bit
little.  No changes for Debian Science in Juli (I think I personally
commited texmaker stuff and I can not assume that all the other top 10
maintainers were on vacation).  We also had only three people committing
something in Debian Med which made me a bit suspicious.

I did some investigation and noticed that the /etc/teammetrics/names.list
was quite outdated compared to the status in Git and updated it and
runned updatenames.py with an updated config file and updated the graphs
again which resulted in some more reasonable graphs.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de