[Teammetrics-discuss] How does commitstat injects data

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:07:41 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

> just for the sake of interest:  How does commitstat.py inject data into
> the database?  I was grepping for something like INSERT but did not
> found something like this.  I just want to know this trick - so what
> line of code injects the data into the database?

It's in svnstat.py ... commitstat.py just creates the SSH connection,
reads the configuration file and calls svnstat.py or gitstat.py
depending on the type of repository.

$ grep -A 1 -n INSERT repository/svnstat.py
50:            """INSERT INTO commitstat(commit_id, project, package,
vcs, name,
51-                commit_date, today_date, lines_inserted, lines_deleted)

commitstat.py calls svnstat.py for SVN repositories, which in turn
calls fetchrevisions.py that is on vasks and that does all the work
for us.

> Thanks for enlighting me

np please, it's good to ask such stuff because usually our discussions
and your suggestions lead to improvements :)