[Teammetrics-discuss] [GSoC-2012] Team Activity Metrics

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Tue Mar 20 21:43:04 UTC 2012

Hi Boris,

thanks for your interest in the GSoC project!

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:45:50PM +0500, Boris Bobrov wrote:
> >       Column       |  Type   | Modifiers
> > -------------------+---------+-----------
> >  project           | text    | not null
> >  domain            | text    |
> >  name              | text    |
> >  email_addr        | text    |
> >  subject           | text    |
> >  message_id        | text    | not null
> >  archive_date      | date    |
> >  today_date        | date    |
> >
> > There is another table, `commitstat', but it's more or less the same.

That's only part of the truth.  There is some part of the statistics
obtained from UDD (Ultimate Debian Database) which is SQL and this will
not change.  So you have to deal with SQL for good and I do not see any
problem with this.

> In fact, ORM is one of the main features of django. But the db structure is
> not that complex, it can be tied with django ORM with [0]. Will this solution
> be ok?

I don't know Django personally but I guess it has an SQL adapter and
will be perfectly able to use data in SQL databases, right?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de