[Teammetrics-discuss] [GSOC-2012] Interested in improving Debian Team Activity Metrics

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:22:24 UTC 2012

Thanks for the quick response Sukhbir :)

TBH, I am not sure how we want to approach the graphs issue. We
> [...]
>
> suggest that you don't worry much about this for now, so feel free to
> skip over this in your application.

Yeah, i was pondering over this one. Since data is not updated very
frequently, generating plots is the backend will suffice. Both approaches
has its pros and cons and will require a discussion before we fix on
anything.

It's mostly got to do with the way Debian websites are as they should
> [...]
>
> guess, we are not anti-JavaScript, but if you can do without it,
> please do so :)
> [0] -
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWebsiteDiscussion#Step_1:_identify_needs

I understand, this has do more with Debian way of things. Thanks for
pointing out the link, it will be helpful during the interface design phase.

It would be really helpful if we could get a database schema/dump. I have
seen the sample structure, but it helps having the complete picture :)

And regarding the scope of the project, is it(currently) limited to Debian
blends?

Regards,
Vipin