[Tux4kids-discuss] GSoC 2013 Game Idea

yash upadhyay yash256 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 08:23:46 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I find the ideas of Tux4Kids extremely interesting and have an idea similar
to the present games. I am interested in creating TuxPaint for
Android/HTML5 as I have made projects on Android and HTML5.

Apart from this, I would like to propose an idea for building an HTML5 and
JavaScript based game in which:

-Tux (the player) is presented with pictures of animals, objects etc
-For each picture, the player is given the starting alphabet of the word
and has to type the name of the object. For example, if the image of a
yacht is displayed, the starting letter 'Y' is displayed so that the player
does not write "ship".
-With each correct word guessed, a crossword will get filled and once all
the pictures have been correctly guessed, the player has to find a word in
the crossword for bonus point

There can be different levels in this game to suit nursery  to primary
school kids. Using HTML5, different kinds of animation effects can be
created which would make the game attractive. I think developing such a
game in HTML5 will further allow us to use PhoneGap and hence play it on
mobiles too.

Kindly let me know if creating a new game can be considered so that I can
refine my ideas.

Thanks,
Yash Upadhyay
Computer Science Enthusiast