[Tux4kids-discuss] Project doubts

viswaprasath shihan.viswa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:17:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am Viswaprasath. Doing my 3rd year of under graduation at Velammal
Engineering College, chennai, India. I am doing Information Technology as
my mainstream. I love to write programs. I have sound knowledge in Java, C,
HTML5 technologies.

My knowledge skills match with project:HTML5/Javascript/Phonegap
For Android development:Java/XML using Eclipse

But I prefer more to work with HTML5/Javascript/Phonegap for this project.

I would like to do project for GSOC 2013 with Tux4kids.

I found *Develop Mobile applications for Tux4kids *is very flexible project
where we can develop mobile application using HTML5.

I have came across the projects that have been already done like

   1. TuxMath
   2. TuxPaint
   3. TuxTyping

I would like to ask some question regarding the application development.
Can we rewrite the TuxMath for mobile or can create new ideas.

I have a idea to develop a application which is combination of literature
as one part and Maths as another part.

*To tell about this idea in short.*

*Literature *
In *India* we are having *more* number of *languages*. *Hindi* is *most
used *one when compared to other. So the need to* learn Hindi* is there for
every child. In *some southern part of India kids dont learn *more about
Hindi. They *knew very well English* and their mother tongue.

Problem due to this is those *kids find it difficult to understand* when
they shift to another place of India, this leads them to be less
interactive.

My idea is to make* use* of the *International language(English)* and make
use of *The official language of the Central Government (Hindi)* in the
application. This will be very simple where we will give the pictures and
words(both not possible in some cases Eg:- relation Uncle) of a animal,
bird and some come relations, and other words which we use generally and
make them* to give the meaning of the english word or picture they see*. So
they can know the most used words in general.

Future extensions: In future we can make use of this to have machine
learning and combine for big sentences.

*Then Maths section*
*
*
We can make very similar like TuxMath game. We can use the flying
battleship which will move the ship and will shoot the correct answer which
is flying down and trying to hit the Tux. We can have first simple 2 digit
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Then we can enhance in the
next round to 3 digit of them. and finally we can make the combination
based on the BODMOS concept which is used normally in maths.

Can we make proposal on this new project idea and make the application very
new so it will help in both the aspects like learning the language and make
 maths fun. Need some suggestion on this.
--

For more information feel free to contact:****

*Viswaprasath*

*Google  Student Ambassador*

*Department of Information Technology *

*Velammal Engineering College, Chennai. *

*Email: shihan.viswa at gmail.com
Ph: 8807535380, 9443942201*