[Tux4kids-discuss] Porting Tux4kinds on mobile

Ioana Culic ioanaculic92 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:47:51 UTC 2013

Hello,

My name is Ioana Culic. I am interested in working with you within the
Google Summer of Code program.

I am a second year student at Politehnica University of Bucharest. During
my first year of study I took a course of mobile devices programming where
I studied both Android and iOS programming.

So far, I have published two applications on the Android market.

http://de.appbrain.com/app/sarbatori-fericite/ioana.pack

http://de.appbrain.com/app/santas-tree/ioana.CULIC

I have worked at a project consisting of a paint application on iPad for
three months.

This is why I am interested in rewriting one of your applications on a
mobile device. I noticed that some of them are already ported. I find all
your applications interesting and I would like to work on no matter which
of them. Thus, I would like to know how can I help you best: which
application sould be rewriten on which platform (Android or iOS).

Moreover, I tought of another kind of application that could help children
acquire programming skills through a funny and interactive experience. The
idea would be to write an application based on the logo language. There
should be a range of characters from which children can choose one and make
him paint different shapes. The application could also be written in the
shape of a game, with more levels of difficlty.

I would really like to know how I can help you best.

Ioana Culic